Wednesday, April 15, 2009

sewing ? !!!

Wow..today in between playing with M. I was a actually able to sew a blessing dress and cape for my upcoming grandaughter !! Sandy gave us the pattern because it looks like something A. would love her baby to have !! My sewing machine started turning white thread black.. nice grey butttonholes on the back of the dress !! .I cleaned the bobbin case and it worked fine for about a minute before it did it again...so don't look too close...all the cape seams are grey and black...then, I got out my older Bernina[ a friend gave me ]and put on the trim with the same white thread ...but , oh, it is white !!

4 comments:

Abigail said...

Thanks for making my kid her blessing dress mom! Especially since your machine was choosing to be a pain! I appreciate it and know this little one will too (some day. . .)

Abigail said...

Oh thanks for playing with my other kid too. She adores her "namma".

FoxFamily said...

Pictures please! How nice of you!!!

Jan Parker said...

You notice that things like that never happen when you are repairing something dark or mending something that doesn't really matter? Nope, it is just another corollary to Murphy's Law. Glad it turned out for you. I'll bet she'll be beautiful in it.