Wednesday, November 23, 2011

youth center..first time...

I had so much fun at the temple yesterday. I got there at 7 a.m. I thought I was a sub. for a sister but found out that is next week. I said I would work anyway...the coordinator was so excited and sent me to the front foyer immediately..then to the atrium, then to the youth center...4 children, a 10 year old with downs syndrome that was really fun !! I did a lot of chasing after her..literally...she could escape in a heartbeat ! I spent hours playing with cars and blocks with her. Their sealing was a real tear jerker !! They had names like Zaid, Jordon, Omar....It was really neat ! On my shift I got to go somewhere new every half hour..even to serve food in the cafeteria ! It was a 10 hour day but really fun !!

1 comment:

Abigail said...

That does sound like fun. Never thought about how many positions there are there!