Wednesday, January 11, 2012

temple times

I got my own personal dispensation yesterday. The 11+ hour Tuesdays were killing Bill at work and me at the temple. I told then I was probably going to have to change to the morning shift so my husband could get out of work sooner. My coordinator and I discussed options..since I LOVE my mid day shift people..and they trained me...........and I have been starting to feel abused as an un official "permanent sub" for the morning shift. My coordinator decided to ask the temple president if I could drop Bill off at work at 8 and then come work in the temple about 8:30 until 4 as an ordinance worker. Pres. Finnigan's only concern was that I make the 12 o'clock prayer meeting. [They are running short on workers .] Yesterday they had to cancel all sealing sessions due to lack of men working. [shift times are mornings 7:00 or 7:30 a.m.[depending on the job]-12:30 p.m. then, mid-day shift 12:00 p.m.-5:30 p.m.] I am so thankful this president is flexible. I hope the morning coordinator is as agreeable as the mid-day coordinator. ! Mornings have fewer workers than mid-day shift so I for see no problem. We are thankful to be the exception to the rule.

2 comments:

Abigail said...

The details I never knew! Glad they could work with you!

April said...

Wow a 12 hour day would kill me too! I'm glad you got that all worked out--they are probably just happy to have you, you are amazing you know!!!