Sunday, March 18, 2012

Fireside

We just got home from a marriage fireside.  The Cliff note version is......for every 1 negative thing you say to your spouse you have to say 5 good things for a marriage to survive happily.... remember ... 5:1 ratio !!   And,
Eliminate............criticism, faultfinding, defensiveness and stonewalling  in communicating with your spouse.  We are each 70 to 80 % good...we each know our 20 to 30 % bad..and really do not need the reminder !
  The refreshments were awesome..brownies a la mode with chocolate or caramel sauce !!!

1 comment:

FoxFamily said...

That's great to know. :-) I'm lucky I have a husband who doesn't let me clam up (or stone wall) him. I'm also blessed that he doesn't like confrontation. Plus, He doesn't let me walk all over him. It's a good thing. I love my husband! Thanks for the reminder of the 5:1 ratio.