Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Where's Waldo ?

The YMYW had a Where's Waldo activity at the shoppes at Chino Hills this evening...11 of us were to be found ...Dampa and I individually...here we are at our best...thanks Ed for the loan of the shirt and the stuffing idea !! Shop owners were worried and Security was activated...our bag lady was detained for questioning and explained the situation..after that, one shopkeeeper was out on the sidewalk and as I walked by.. again.. he said..Waldo ? I said yes..the kids were in groups of 4 with an adult each. They had to find us and ask if we were waldo..and collect a colored card..after about 45 minutes they were given clues..it was fun freaking some of those kids out !![and the bishop ]










would you recognize your father ??
How about that old lady ?









As we were leaving we saw my daughter-in-law's sister Shannon sitting at a table and we stopped to say Hi..she didn't have a clue who we were and why we were talking to her...even after we told her..she still thinks we are wierd, I am sure !! Hey.. it was fun, cheap, thrills !!
See...we sorta have a life !!












11 comments:

Abigail said...

ROFL!!!!!!!!! WOW!!!!!!!! That's hilarious, thank you so much for getting pictures! You totally rival Janet Larson at that!! I'm glad they've started doing Waldo again! It was the best! You should send a copy of the picture of you two together in a christmas card to Janet Larson, She'll appreciate it I'm sure. I so would not have recognized you!! ROFL. That's awesome!!

Freth Stifter said...

OMG!!

Frrreeeeeeeeaaaaaaakky. The padding had something to do with it. What a hoot.

Who are you again? Are we related?

Olivia said...

LOL!!! I would never have recognized either of you!!! Great job!

Jan Parker said...

"In-con-CEIV-able!" to quote my favorite movie. I am floored by your ability to look so different...I wouldn't have recognized you either. Never heard of a "Where's Waldo" activity-- are there any other details you didn't mention? Miles & Jotty need ideas for activities and that one sounds great--(hint,hint)

Sandy Plummer said...

I still think it's hilarious! Your disguises turned out great!!

My brother the hood!

FoxFamily said...

That is so so SO freaking hilarious!!! I would have never found you!!!! I love it! Dad looks awesome! Mom, nice glasses, hair, nails, chest, etc. I love playing Where's Waldo!!

Amy Kathleen said...

OH MY HECK!! Haaaaa!! I'll have to talk to Shannon about this, ha ha! She probably just thinks how nice it is I married into a family as weird as our own. : ) I will admit, Dad as an older version of Eminem is crreeepppyy. I never, in a million years, would have recognized either of you!

Abigail said...

I showed Mandorallyn the picture of you two together and asked "who's that?" She looks at it and says "I don't know." In a voice like, you're crazy mama!

wilkinson family said...

lol, i totally love it!!!! never would have recognized either of you. fantastic disguises!

Sleepy said...

Where's Waldo is an activity where ward members are asked to be at a specific location (like the mall) at a specific time and 'disguised' so as to not be readily recognizable. The youth are organized into groups to search for the Waldos. The idea is for the Waldos to blend in so they are not easily identified. The youth look for these people and ask Where's Waldo? or Are you Waldo? The Waldos have identifying cards they carry (in our case I had a reindeer card and Namma had a campfire card)to give to the group when they successfully identify them as a Waldo. The Waldos have sufficient to give one to each group if they are identified. The youth are told how many they need to collect which is usually one from each Waldo. We were in our assigned territory for one hour or until we had no more cards left whichever came first.

Myhouse4nine said...

We pulled up the photos and could easily pick out Sleepy due to his sparkling eyes! But Sleepless, you are so very different I would NEVER have picked you out! NEVER....NEVER...!