Tuesday, December 9, 2008

grandma crib


My current favorite framed calendar page.


My favorite Norman Rockwell fabric wallhanging panel.
My new grandma crib I got Saturday at a yardsale for $5.00...[I already had the mattress] it was missing all the hardware of course..but I had all I needed in the garage except for the sliding side's sliding hardware so I just used two L brackets and two existing screw holes to secure the side rail in an up position and put that weaker side to the wall.....nice Simmons crib...even has the model number and date of manufacture on it but I couldn't find any hardware online...but hey..it works !! Oh ya, years ago I got a box of screws ,nuts,bolts,washers, etc..from a friend's neighbor's house that was being evicted and invited her to take anything she wanted. I sorted the screws, nuts, bolts, washers, etc. into old metal lunchboxes that sit on a shelf above my dryer in the garage...they have been EXTREMELY useful over the years and have saved me lots of $$$ !!

5 comments:

Abigail said...

Awesome mom! Great deal for a crib, good job putting it together on your own!!

April said...

wow I love all of your decorations and fun pictures that you posted, go you on the nuts and screws for your new "grandma bed" how fun.

Kira =] said...

try www.productsamerica.com for replacement hardware ($16). But the sliding rails are $50 plus shipping, so you're better off with the L brackets. I love the calendar picture, what artist?

FoxFamily said...

Fantastic! What a great deal on a crib. D will be sure to use it!! :-) Nice calendar art.

sleepless said...

Liz Lemon Swindle is the artist..thanks for the hardware info...L brackets are cheap !!