Wednesday, August 4, 2010

fireplace

Today I decided my ugly fireplace needs fixing. I primed where I patched it previously. I vacuumed it,washed it down, and rinsed it. I used black flat spray paint inside it until the paint ran out. [My brother says that is what you do to solve the inside.] I will buy more black spray paint and finish spraying it tomorrow when I am home alone...I don't want anyone else to loose that many brain cells in 10 minutes. [yes I ventilated and had a fan going] I picked up a quart and three sample size oops paints that I am going to mix together and paint it with.{$2.50} It is currently poorly sprayed white...it will be a tan with black inside. I will make a mantle, this mantle is 10 bricks turned sideways. The bricks on this fireplace are very crumbly so I can not strip them like I did in my previous house.[I have been storing a TV inside this fireplace,it is not like we use it . This a big section of wall that really cannot be ignored successfully.] I just love a project !

No comments: