Tuesday, February 2, 2010

carpet

Today I am trying to figure out a piece of carpet Amy's mom so kindly had a friend's son bring down to me. In my projects dadu just says good luck and allows me to get what I need..in this case under padding and something to bind the edges because I can't secure it down..so it will be a bedroom size rug. It is quite nice and plushish and a light tan with sculptural things in it....I am trying to figure out how to make the lines straight..probably like a plumb line as the backing lines are not straight. Dadu is out of town for the week.

5 comments:

Abigail said...

good luck with your carpet!

Myhouse4nine said...

He is probably happy he is out if you have to figure out a problem with carpet. My man always find it infinitely more pleasant to be away while I make messes! Good luck with the project Lots of bias cut fabric sew on? or super glue, or Hot glue gun.. Have fun!

sleepless said...

Actually I am binding it with yarn..it is taking a long time..but, I have time..one side is almost done...a 135 inch side, not a 148 inch sided.

Freth Stifter said...

Are the diagonal measurements from corner-to-corner the same?

If so then it isn't a parallelogram or trapezoid ...

sleepless said...

read my lips...rectangle....