Sunday, January 3, 2010

A new year...new sunbeams...

I get to be a Sunbeam teacher..today I had one crybaby, one NO attitude and one let's get crazy...all boys..none of the girls showed up. I had the other class with me for the actual lesson because the other teacher wasn't ready for that...she just got called too..these little 3 year olds don't know how to sit down and cooperate yet so we don't get to go into sharing time or anything..we did join nursery for snack time and outside time.....2 hours is a LONG time.....and I get to do it every Sunday !!! The family history center is supposed to re open Jan. 5th..so, I guess I get to learn that calling soon too !! Oh, I did get my kitchen painted white...hallelujah !!! I got up a phone shelf and a leaded glass window ..[.not anywhere It can reflect light..but It works as a mirror some times of the day]..and a couple magnetic strips...and a broom holder by the fridge..I am slowly fixing up stuff how I like it !!! I have to paint the utility room this week after I sand and wash and rinse it down...it is wwwwwaaaayyyy too yellow now that the kitchen looks so nice !!! probably tomorrow...my 600 max can capacity Shelf Reliance rack is due to arrive soon and it goes in that room. DAILY ADVENTURES !!! YES !!!

3 comments:

Abigail said...

Oh the joys. We too are sunbeam teachers. We did the lesson, then every action song we could think of. Then colored and had them go over animal sounds (just because they found it entertaining). We're supposed to have 5 kids in our class. A boy and 4 girls (one of which is Maddie), but one of the girls just sat there silently crying until I took her to her mom, and now she's in the other sunbeam class because the teacher is her neighbor or something, and in exchange we get the boy from that class. Then there's a little girl who wouldn't say a word or give any eye contact until we started addressing her stuffed cat instead of her. And then there's a little boy who is FULL of energy and very good at talking. And never wants to stop talking and doesn't know the difference between inside and outside voices. He brought some rather entertaining moments though. Like when Jordan said, "I'm trying to talk about Heavenly Father." And the kid says, "And I'm talking about puppies."

Kira =] said...

Ben & I are in nursery and had a sad day today because Wesley is now a Sunbeam. So I feel for you, I know he wasn't prepared either.

Jan Parker said...

Yep, that's my Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays. Three yr olds turning 4. The good thing is that circle time isn't all day. Sometimes I think there are little "chair mites" that only sit on small chairs waiting for a child's bum to sit on it so they can bite them and see how fast the kid will jump up from the chair.:)