Saturday, April 10, 2010

for Bro.

My brother requested some info on our baby sister's visit...what were they like...they were awesome..they came in, made themselves at home, played games did computers, ate nuts, talked about the historical stuff they were visiting this trip and watched Wild Wild West videos. We ate brown rice and soft tacos using beans not meat for dinner..my microwave just died that afternoon so I couldn't unthaw any meat. I cooked. Contrary to popular belief I can keep people alive with food. "many people have eaten my cooking and gone on to lead normal lives." For breakfast we had strawberries and french toast. They are an EXTREMELY well behaved family..really nice and fun.

3 comments:

Freth Stifter said...

You were just ever so sweet to answer all those questions. I thought your husband ate out all the time ... :) I'm so astonished at your heretofore hidden cooking abilities!! Does husband cook pancakes or grill? What did nieces and nephews choose to read (you do have more than just SF books, right?) Any mysteries, stab'em, or romance?

Freth Stifter said...

The rest of us seem to eat for comfort ... or stress relief. We don't understand someone who eats only when "hungry". Sometimes I eat things just because they taste great. Like pork chops, brownies, ice cream, lemonade with mango, etc. I have a fondness for 2 eggs easy-over for breakfast. Altho I probably should give up the pretzels, Pringles, and cornchips. (they harden the arteries and increase my blood pressure.) To quote a "Weird Al" song ... I'll be mellow when I'm dead ... :)

sleepless said...

Actually they were reading a book Shannon sent with them for me to read..The Hunger Games..by Collins and they all loved out collection of younger kids books..especially the Sandra Boynton series !! My husband occasionally makes pancakes or grills...we do not eat much egg or meat due to trying to keep the colestrol levels nice. We all have our snacks and comfort foods bro. !! The Velvetta, Rotel dip for tortilla chips is a HIGH sodium favorite...and you cannot beat chocolate for anything.