Friday, April 30, 2010

the procrastinated projects get a turn

Yesterday I finished re caulking the tub area...Today I finished solving some major grout issues in the shower and when that dries I can seal it and caulk the shower and solve a knob issue...then we can actually use the shower. It has only taken me almost 6 months to get to it...My son and his wife moving in is good incentive.... I only got 3 green yard waste cans out this week for trash day because I had these indoor bathroom issues to resolve...[me, elbow grease and about a gallon of bleach. ] I put up another shelf in the utility room today..I need to buy two more brackets and one more shelf will fit there above the kitchen trash and recycling containers. Dadu wants another shelf in the closet in his room..............All I can say is he should be thankful he married a handyman...........He is a white collar worker and I am a blue collar worker, face it. Let this be a lesson kids and grand kids...get an education with actual degrees [not just art classes] so you can have the physically easier jobs in life !!

3 comments:

Myhouse4nine said...

Oh you can gripe about it but we know that truthfully you enjoy knowing you can do it! (I know I do) There is some satisfaction there. Congrats on getting that shower almost caught up!

Emily said...

You are totally the handyman!!! I love it! Hopefully someday I can see you and your new house!

April said...

I agree with Hannah, you love being able to do these things, I don't know what you would do without projects:) I love projects too and I love hearing about them!!!! Glad you got your bathroom project done:)