Monday, September 15, 2008

My brother called and wanted entertainment as he is indoors due to rain back east...So, I wasn't home because I was out getting a smog check on my car and registering it at AAA and getting insurance on it .....and changing ownership of the dark blue Toyota over to my neighbor Jim..I now drive a white Honda civic lx.It was a busy weekend...Friday we were walking in the evening and stopped by a family's house that B home teaches..as we were leaving Mike asked if we knew anyone that wanted to buy a 1995 Honda sitting in his driveway..His father-in-law has major health issues and can no longer drive....we told him we'd come try it out in the morning....we did and took it to our home teacher who is a mechanic . Joe looked it over and said it was in great shape for it's age and it was a good deal $1800. We bought it. I went and told Jim I was selling the blue toy for $1500. He had previously told me when I was giving it away to give it to him....we tried to give it to a family in our ward but they had just bought a scooter.....a couple of months ago we put serious money into that car to solve the puddle on our driveway...it worked briefly...we did not want to put more into it as it is the bottom of the line...no power and manual everything pretty much..I loved it for two years after my daughter S gave it to me when she got a van...but it has seen better days.....Jim is still driving an 18 year old Buick boat , that gets 10 to 12 gallons a mile downhill, on a good day with a back wind...when I told him it gets 30 something he was excited.. but he is on a fixed income..so he offered $1000. and we took it. So , that is what I have been doing for excitement...yup, another old car from the original owner who maintained it well ..all these transactions in the same neighborhood..and we all promised to still be friends if the cars die next week !!
Sunday my poor mom sat at the airport for 4 hours..we were supposed to pick her up at 10:10a.m. but that morning my sister called and said her flight was delayed and they rerouted her and she would be in at 2:45p.m. on American !....We checked online and she was booked on two different flights..so before we left for church we called Delta who said she was on the rerouted flight and would be in at 2:45p.m. When we got home from church she called and said she was at the airport..this is 2:15p.m............bummer...and she gets GOLD STARS for patience !!! She was on the original flight that made up for lost time !! Sorry mom !!!
E and S,[ B's sister] invited us over for dinner Sunday ..[.again.]..E BBQ'd hamburgers..I never have two..but I did...they were SSSSSSSSSSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD !!!..They finally actually set E apart as Elder's Qm. Pres.!!! Not bad for an ex homeless guy !! He gets 10 GOLD STARS on his chart !! Anyhow..that is my latest news ! Hope it is a good car for me !!

4 comments:

Freth Stifter said...

Now THAT was entertaining!!

Hot shower ... the UPS guy delivered ... Swann's sold us a meal or two ... took the empty boxes out and the parts to the shop.

And then this entertaining blog ... gold stars!

Abigail said...

What excitement! How nice of Jim to buy the car, it's definately going to save him on gas!

Myhouse4nine said...

dang sorry about the mix up on mom, just can't even count on the airline emails!

April said...

Wow talk about a great deal. Congratulations on a nice find and being able to sell your car so quickly, it sounds like you are receiving some blessings. I hope your having a wonderful day.