Sunday, October 4, 2009

Sunday, October 4, 2009

It has been a weekend both too long and too short. All of our children and their families have been with us this weekend. They all came in per Grandma Grumpy's last request that all gather for her funeral. Likewise my brothers and sisters and their families were also down for the funeral. We have renewed friendships. We have strengthened family bonds. We have laughed and cried. We have experienced spiritual moments that are hard to explain, but we have experienced and testified of those significant moments. We have had a full house. It has been noisy, congested, cluttered, and wonderful. I and A flew home this morning. J and A and their girls left about 7:30 am. M and S and their boys left about 8:30 am. N and A and their family leave tomorrow. S and A leave Tuesday morning. The house will be very empty.

This was a final time for them to be in the home in which they grew up. We have to submit to the relocation company tomorrow a vacate date. We still need to have the moving company give us an assessment of what they will and will not move.

I say "Thank you, I love you" to my dear mother. I thank my brothers and sisters, who with our parents, made so many memories which have been spoken of and pondered on through the past week. I thank my wife and children for their love and support and the memories we have shared. And I am so grateful for God, my Eternal Father and His Son, my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, and His Restored Gospel. I am grateful for the plan of salvation and for the promise of eternal life and eternal families. May all friends and family realize these promises.

No comments: